Important!

Blog moved to https://blog.apdu.fr/

I moved my blog from https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.com/ to https://blog.apdu.fr/ . Why? I wanted to move away from Blogger (owne...

Saturday, December 13, 2014

PySCard 1.6.16 released

As explained in "PySCard: unofficial version 1.6.16 available" the PySCard software was no more actively maintained. After discussing with Jean-Daniel Aussel, previous maintainer, I got the admin rights to manage the sourceforge project. I was already an active code contributor since 2007.


Release 1.6.16

I just released a new official pyscard version 1.6.16.

Changes:
1.6.16 (December 2014)
  • added support for windows 64bit amd64 (Jean-Daniel Aussel)
  • support python "new" classes (derive classes from object) (Ludovic Rousseau from chrysn feature request ID 3110077)
  • fixed Reader.__eq__() (Ludovic Rousseau from Bernard Paulus bug ID 3418113)
  • fixed extended APDU transmit buffer too short by 2 (Jean-Daniel Aussel from bugs ID 2914636 and 3106761)
  • make Card and Reader objects hashable (Jean-Daniel Aussel from Hans-Peter Jansen feature request and patch)
  • convert the user guide to python-Sphinx

Documentation in Sphinx

I also changed the project web pages to use Sphinx (Python document generator) and generate a nice and modern user's guide from ReStructured text instead of manually edited HTML pages.

The API documentation is still using epydoc. Maybe I will switch it to Sphinx if I find the time and motivation. Help appreciated.

Provided software

The source code archive pyscard-1.6.16.tar.gz is of course provided.

I also provide a binary installer pyscard-1.6.16.macosx-10.9-x86_64.tar.gz for Mac OS X 10.9 and Python 2.7.

I do not use Windows so no installer is provided for this platform. Help appreciated.

Debian packages and Ubuntu packages are already provided in Debian and Ubuntu. The other GNU distribution should also provide packages but I have not checked.