Yosemite: OS X 10.10Yosemite contains a rewrite of pcsc-lite. See "OS X Yosemite and smart cards status". The problem is that the rewrite introduced (many) bugs.
Bug listI will list known (by me) bugs and will try to maintain the list in the future if/when the bugs are fixed.
Fixed in OS X 10.10.2
- SCardReconnect(..., SCARD_RESET_CARD, ...)
- SCardBeginTransaction() after a card reset
- SCardStatus() after a card reset
- SCardStatus returns SCARD_E_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER
- SCARD_E_PROTO_MISMATCH not returned
- T=0 is used instead of T=1 on dual protocol cards
Fixed in OS X 10.10.3
Fixed in El Capitan 10.11.0
- SCardTransmit (pioSendPci not checked)
- SCardGetStatusChange blocks forever
- OS X Yosemite bug: SCardConnect blocks in SCARD_SHARE_SHARED mode
Bugs that will not be fixed
ConclusionI hope the bugs will be fixed during Yosemite lifetime. But I am afraid it will not happen before the next major version of OS X (OS X 10.11) is out.
This reminds me when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been released in 2007 with lots of important bugs like ATR corruption. At that time it was also a major deviation from pcsc-lite. See "Evolution of Apple pcsc-lite (from Jaguar to Mavericks)".